Cookie Policy

Our site uses cookies. To find out more about cookies and how we use them please click here. If you continue to use our site we'll assume you consent to our use of cookies.

Parents & Carers

Parents & Carers

Solihull Local Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) has information to help support parents, carers and other adults in safeguarding children and young people. The presentation below tells you what is available from Solihull Local Authority, below that we have included some specific information about an online parenting course, as well as other services:

Do you ever wonder if you are doing the best you can in your role as a parent or carer? If you would like to learn from the latest research into what helps and works in parenting then the Understanding your child online course may be for you.

The course comes in 11 sections : How your child develops; understanding how your child is feeling; tuning in to what your child needs; responding to how your child is feeling; different styles of parenting; having fun together; rhythm of interaction; why sleep is important; self regulation & anger; communication & tuning in; looking back and looking forward. 

If you are a parent or carer in Solihull and would like to complete this online course;

  1. Go to
  2. Create an account using an email address and password
  3. Scroll down choose a course
  4. Click on ‘Already got a discount coupon?’
  5. Insert  the code APPLEJACKS, and click ‘Apply coupon’
  6. Enjoy the course! On returning to the website and signing in, your account will ‘remember’ that you have access to the course and where you had got up to. 

The Family Information Service directory is a useful guide to services and organisations that support children and young people, parents, carers and the people who work with them in Solihull.

If you are a parent of a young person aged 11-19 and would like to develop a better understanding of adolescent behaviour and learn to use Psychological tools, then St Basil's are offering parenting programmes that may be of interest to you. 

If you require a little further support you can speak with any professional your family may already be in contact with.

If someone is concerned about your child they may report their concern to the local authority Children’s Services who will look into it and may contact you to see how they can help support you and your child’s needs.