Cookie Policy

Our site uses cookies. To find out more about cookies and how we use them please click here. If you continue to use our site we'll assume you consent to our use of cookies.

Children & young people

Children & young people

We are the Solihull Local Safeguarding Children Partnership. This part of the website is for any children or young people to come and get some advice over difficult issues.

If you feel worried about something, talking about it can help make you feel better. The best thing to do is talk to an adult, a friend or someone who you know you can trust. But if you can’t tell anyone you know, you can always talk to one of the people from the contact details below instead.

They are there to listen if you feel uncomfortable for any reason, or feel like you are in danger. It doesn’t matter if it is a problem at school, at home or even on the internet – it is their job to listen, and try to help as much as they can.

Contact Details

If you are having issues and would like to talk to someone either by text, email, or phone please contact one of the numbers below.

  • In an emergency always ring 999.
  • If you are worried about anything, be it physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, or any other problem you are facing including mental health, ring Childline on 0800 1111. You can ring them about yourself, or a friend. Not sure what those different kinds of abuse are? Click here to read more.
  • 116 000 is the number to call or text for advice, support and options if you, or someone you love, goes missing or runs away. You can also talk to them about Exploitation. Not sure what Exploitation is? Click here to find out. You can also email
  • Contact the police on 101 to report a crime or a problem you might be experiencing related to gangs, trafficking or exploitation. 

More Information

Want to know more about the problems you, your friends, and young people across the country might be experiencing? Click the links below or on any of the tabs on the left of the page. You might find understanding what is happening in your situation, and knowing what signs to look out for helpful.

What is Child Abuse? Is it happening to me?

Going Missing – Running Away From Home


Emotional/Mental Health and Wellbeing

Using the Internet & Technology

Am I A Young Carer?

If you regularly take care of or help an adult in your household because they have a disability, illness or is dependent on drug/alcohol you might be a ‘Young Carer’. Click here to help you work out if you are a young carer, and get some help looking after your loved one.

If you do think you or your friend is experiencing one of these issues please talk to a trusted adult or contact one of the numbers above.